I made booties for my piano bench! March 10, 2010Posted by misscraftyfingers in Crafts, Sewing, Tutorials.
Tags: Crafts, Sewing
I made booties for my piano bench!
The fabric was from an old pair of denim skorts (skirt+shorts) I had. The lace was from the $2 store.
And this was how I made it 😀
1. I measured the leg width and cut out circles with about 2 extra inches around the width.
2. I sewed around the circle with a zig zag stitch to prevent fraying.
3. Then I sewed the lace on the right side of the fabric.
4. This is how the circle looks like with the lace on. Ignore the pen markings 😛 I was marking it and realised that it’s not necessary really. 😛 It’s a disappearing ink marker, so the marks will disappear after a while.
5. Fold the circle into half on the wrong side of the fabric. Stitch a few stitches at the edge. Repeat on otherside of the semi-circle.
6. Fold the stitched up circle again in half with the stitched up portions meeting. Then stitch at the edge of the semi-circle again.
7. Continue until you get something like this. If you want a smaller bootie, you will have to fold & stitch a few more stitches.
8. On the wrong side of the fabric, stretch and sew an elastic band into the circle (about where the previous stitches are, doesn’t have to be precise).
9. And there, the sewing is done!
10. If you have quilt batting or thick felt, you can cut out a square piece about the size of the bootie and insert it into the bootie.
This will give cushion to the chair.
So there you go! New booties for my piano bench!
You can make these for any chair legs really. It protects your floor as it prevents the floor from being scratched! 🙂