Tags: desserts, Homemade, icecream, shortbread, strawberries, vanilla
add a comment
I improvised an ice cream recipe yesterday! I think it’s pretty darn tasty!
Presenting to you, my Vanilla Strawberry Ripple Ice Cream with Shortbread Crumbles!
Vanilla Ice Cream
2.5 Cups whipping cream
1.5 Cup fresh milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean – split and scrape seeds out of pod
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence
Strawberry Ripple and Shortbread Crumbles
2 cups frozen strawberries (or fresh one will do too!)
2 tablespoons of sugar
6 shortbread fingers – crushed or chopped
– Put cream, milk, sugar and vanilla seeds and pod into a pot. Simmer until sugar melts, do not boil. Turn off fire and add vanilla essence. Stir evenly.
– Cool mixture to room temperature before chilling overnight. You can leave the vanilla pod in this mixture to chill overnight. Remove pod before putting into ice cream maker.
– In a separate small pot, simmer the strawberries with sugar until strawberries ate soft. Puree the strawberries with a blender. I used a hand blender. Chill in refrigerator.
– Churn the chilled cream mixture in your ice cream maker according to your machine’s instructions.
– Add the shortbread crumbles at the last couple of minutes of churning the ice cream. Mine took about 30 minutes.
– Pour the churned ice cream (it’ll look like soft serve ice cream at this stafe) into a container suitable for freezing.
– Stir in the strawberry puree into the ice cream gently for the ripple effect.
– Freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
Here’s a big tub!
Homemade chocolate icecream! June 3, 2014Posted by misscraftyfingers in Blog, Cooking, Recipe.
Tags: chocolate, Homemade, ice cream, icecream
add a comment
I made icecream! I bought an ice cream maker a few weeks ago and after some trials, I found the best chocolate ice cream recipe! I’m telling you it beats store bought ice cream!
The recipe can be found here. You can make it with or without Oreos. If you like dark chocolate like me, use as high percentage dark chocolate you can find and the flavour will be really rich and intense. I used Lindt 85% dark chocolate. Mmmm…. So good!
Now I just need a really good vanilla ice cream recipe.. Preferably without the use of eggs. Any recommendations?