Homemade Vanilla with Strawberry Ripple and Shortbread Crumbles June 14, 2014Posted by misscraftyfingers in Cooking, Recipe.
Tags: desserts, Homemade, icecream, shortbread, strawberries, vanilla
I improvised an ice cream recipe yesterday! I think it’s pretty darn tasty!
Presenting to you, my Vanilla Strawberry Ripple Ice Cream with Shortbread Crumbles!
Vanilla Ice Cream
2.5 Cups whipping cream
1.5 Cup fresh milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean – split and scrape seeds out of pod
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence
Strawberry Ripple and Shortbread Crumbles
2 cups frozen strawberries (or fresh one will do too!)
2 tablespoons of sugar
6 shortbread fingers – crushed or chopped
– Put cream, milk, sugar and vanilla seeds and pod into a pot. Simmer until sugar melts, do not boil. Turn off fire and add vanilla essence. Stir evenly.
– Cool mixture to room temperature before chilling overnight. You can leave the vanilla pod in this mixture to chill overnight. Remove pod before putting into ice cream maker.
– In a separate small pot, simmer the strawberries with sugar until strawberries ate soft. Puree the strawberries with a blender. I used a hand blender. Chill in refrigerator.
– Churn the chilled cream mixture in your ice cream maker according to your machine’s instructions.
– Add the shortbread crumbles at the last couple of minutes of churning the ice cream. Mine took about 30 minutes.
– Pour the churned ice cream (it’ll look like soft serve ice cream at this stafe) into a container suitable for freezing.
– Stir in the strawberry puree into the ice cream gently for the ripple effect.
– Freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
Here’s a big tub!