Easy Baking: Soft baked Chocolate Chip with Oats Cookies September 11, 2010Posted by misscraftyfingers in Baking, Blog, Recipe.
Tags: Baking, Cookies, Recipe
I’ve been trying to bake the best chocolate chip cookies for a few years now (“best” as in the way I like my cookies to be :P). I think I may finally have got it today. 😀
I adjusted a recipe I had copied down from somewhere (I forgot where) to make it less sweet and less buttery. The cookies from this recipe yields soft-baked cookies (not crispy) ones as I prefer soft chewy cookies. This recipe contains oats, so if you do not like oats in your cookies, sorry. 😛
Easy Baking: Soft baked Chocolate Chip with Oats Cookies
Preparation time: approx 15 minutes
Baking time: approx 10 minutes (per batch in oven)
Yields: approx 30 cookies
1/2 cup of unpacked sugar (brown gives more flavour I think, but white is fine too)
2/3 cup of butter, softened at room temperature
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 cups of quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 of teaspoon of salt
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre heat your oven at 175 degree Celsius.
2. With an electric mixer, mix the softened butter with sugar until well blended.
3. Add vanilla essence and egg to the mix and mix till light and fluffy.
4. Add in oats, flour, baking soda and salt. (sift in the flour together with baking soda and salt) and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Add chocolate chips and mix till even.
6. Make a ball of cookie dough (about a spoonful). Place the ball of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet. Pat it down to smooth it.
7. Bake cookies at 175 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Let cookies cool on rack before storing away.
I can bake up to 12 cookies at one go as these cookies do not spread out when baked. If you like chewier and sweeter, I guess you can add more sugar but I wouldn’t recommend it. The original recipe used 1 1/2 cups of sugar! I only used 1/2. 😀 If you like more butter taste, you can add up to 1 cup of butter.
Now I shall go eat my cookies. ONOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM!